Binh Dinh ready to prevent risk of nCoV spread

While the central province of Binh Dinh has seen no novel coronavirus (nCoV)-affected cases so far, the local relevant bodies stand ready to prevent the nCoV spread in the province, Director of Binh Dinh Department of Health Le Quang Hung said on January 29.

All clinics are required to classify patients at the registration procedure.

According to the Ministry of Health, there have been more than 6,000 nCoV-infected cases around the world, including 132 deaths all of whom are in China.

In Vietnam, there have been 64 cases who showed fever symptoms and returned from nCoV-affected areas. They consist of 25 negative for the virus and 39 still kept in quarantine, including the two Chinese nationals initially tested positive for nCoV at the Chợ Rẫy Hospital in HCM City.

Additional screening of temperature will be applied at Quy Nhon seaport and Phu Cat airport for passengers coming from nCoV-infected areas.

Hung said after the urgent telegram issued yesterday, all local clinics and hospitals were required to prepare enough facilities, drugs and medical equipments to actively coordinate with local medical establishments to carry out quarantine measures in line with instructions by the Ministry of Health, in case any person of suspected infection is detected.

The province’s Centre for Disease Control (CDC) also launched two quick response teams for the task. There are another units monitoring passengers at Quy Nhon seaport and Phu Cat airport.

.

At Binh Dinh Hospital, two emergency units are always ready to support patients with suspected nCoV through three solutions: no case reported, infected case reported and the spread of nCoV, said the hospital’s Director Ho Viet My.

THU HIEN

(0)
Other news